The Oakton Swim and Racquet Club opened for its first season on Memorial Day Weekend, 1984. This was the result of many hours spent finding an appropriate location, selling memberships and then finally building the club. Since that opening, we have added a social room to the bath house and added 3 clay tennis courts. In 2009, our comprehensive remodeling was completed. Our facilities were updated, and we added a concession stand.
In 2018 we established a long-term capital improvement plan to assure that we have the resources to maintain and renew our physical facilities, so they continue to deliver excellent service over the long run without requiring expensive borrowing or special assessments.
- 1964-1968 Multiple tracts of land purchased.
- May 1968 First family moves into the community.
- 1973 Community Center construction begins.
- 1980’s Homes on the upper end are built.
- 1986-1989 Planning to develop city begins.
- 1990’s Sales in the city begins.
- 2005 The final house on the last remaining lot in the community is finished and occupied.
- 2009 Concession stand completed
- 2018 Long-term Capital Improvement Plan established